Common-Law Admission Test or CLAT is a national-level entrance exam. This CLAT exam is conducted every year by the Consortium of NLUs. Law aspirants who want to pursue a five-year integrated LLB, for instance, BBA LLB, BA LLB, BCom LLB, B.Sc LLB, LLM, etc need to appear in this exam. CLAT mock tests are important for the students as it allows the aspirants to fix the accuracy issues and help the students to reduce the scope for negative marking. Preparing for the CLAT mock test also helps the students to make a strategy for the examination day.
Importance of CLAT Mock Tests for the Students
No doubt that CLAT mock tests are very important for the students. The benefits of appearing in CLAT mock tests are the following:
- Mock tests enable the students to work under pressure: CLAT exam usually tests a student’s ability to work under pressure. All the students want to give their best in the exam and hence prepare thoroughly for the exam. But few students are unable to handle the pressure of sitting in the examination hall with the clock ticking in their ears while they are attempting to answer the questions. Therefore, the students need to appear in mock tests and solve CLAT question papers. Appearing in mock tests gives them an exam-like environment and thus helps the students face a real exam environment.
- Mock tests help to improve accuracy: In the CLAT exam, there is negative marking and therefore, the students need to pay attention to accuracy. It does not matter how many questions a student attempts during the exam, but what matters is how many of them they answer correctly. Only the answer accuracy can either make or break the score.
- Mock tests develop a better exam strategy: Before appearing in the CLAT exam, it is also very important to develop a better exam strategy. Students need to know the right way to attempt the questions in a selected manner. They should not get stuck on a tricky question. They must know time management. Hence, students must take a sufficient number of mock tests and try to develop better exam strategies.
- Mock tests help to spot weak areas: After knowing the CLAT syllabus and CLAT question papers, it is important to work on the weak areas. When students sit through regular mock tests, they will be able to identify and understand their pain points. Eventually, they can put more effort to address weak points and practise more to score good marks in the CLAT exam.
- Mock tests are an effective source of revision: Mock tests are an effective and best source of revision for the students. Attempting sectional tests and solving different CLAT topics help the students to identify their preparation level. It also ascertains the student which topic requires more effort and which topic requires less effort.
- Mock tests boost confidence: The best benefit of appearing in CLAT mock tests is that it boosts the confidence of the students. Attending regular mock tests and solving regular CLAT question papers help to improve the scores of the students. Not only this, they can also build a sense of confidence. Subsequently, they will get the confidence that it is not difficult to score good marks in the CLAT exam.
Appearing in CLAT mock tests is very important for the students to score good marks in the final CLAT exam. Once the students clear the CLAT exam, they will be able to pursue higher education in various courses of law from National Law Universities or top law colleges in India.