People suffering from degenerative problems in their hips often encounter several problems in moving, sitting and other movements. Doctors recommend bilateral hip replacement surgery to those people. Also known as simultaneous total hip replacement, this surgery is quite complicated. Therefore, a patient needs to find a suitable medical destination that offers the best possible treatment. One such country is India, where you can get quality treatment at the most pocket-friendly cost. In this article, we will talk about the aspects related to Bilateral hip replacement surgery along with its cost in India. So, let’s get started.
Types of Bilateral Hip Replacement Surgery
There are different types of Bilateral Hip Replacement. These are:
- Simultaneous Bilateral Hip Replacement- This process replaces both hips in a single procedure.
- Staged Bilateral Hip Replacement- This process replaces both hips but at different time intervals.
- Hip surfacing- This process resurfaces the original ball and socket of the thigh-bone. This surgery lowers down the dislocation risk, and the patient can return to his/her physical activity.
- Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement- This surgery minimizes the damage to soft tissues, resulting in a shorter recovery time as well as fewer chances of post-operative complications.
Reasons for Bilateral Hip Replacement Surgery
One of the most common reasons for BHR surgery is severe arthritis. This condition causes stiffness and pain in both hips while interfering in daily activities. Moreover, it also reduces one’s quality of life. Pain can make weight-bearing activities difficult, such as walking and standing. Whereas, stiffness makes simple tasks difficult, such as putting on your socks and shoes. With time, hip arthritis becomes worse if not treated timely. The right candidate for bilateral hip replacement surgery should be healthier, non-obese, younger with pain, limitation, and stiffness to activities that reduces one’s quality of life.
Bilateral Hip Replacement Surgery Cost in India
In India, the bilateral hip replacement surgery cost varies to a large extent. In fact, people from all over the world visit India for hip replacement surgery. The cost of bilateral hip replacement in India is relatively less than in other developed countries. The overall cost depends on various factors such as the patient’s medical condition, age, physical health, and other factors.
The total cost of Bilateral hip replacement in India is around 5,20,000 INR. It includes pre-treatment and post-treatment costs as well as physiotherapy, medicines, tests, etc.
Factors Influence the Overall Cost of Bilateral Hip Replacement Surgery in India
The following factors decide the complete bilateral hip replacement cost in India.
- Quality and type of implant used
- Surgeon experience
- Type of hospital room
- Post-surgery complication management
- Total hospital stay duration
- Cost of medications and other consumables
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
Reasons why India offers the Less Treatment Cost for Bilateral Hip Replacement Surgery
Many people often wonder why the overall cost for Bilateral Hip replacement surgery is less. Well, there are many factors responsible for low-cost treatment in India. Let’s have a look.
- Currency- Indian currency is lower than Euro, pounds, and USD. So, this is one reason that makes a huge difference in the cost.
- Doctors- India houses some well-qualified doctors and surgeons for Bilateral Hip replacement surgery.
- Standard of Living- As the standard of living in India is low, the country’s accommodation, food, traveling, and medical treatment are too low and less expensive.
- High-competition- India is home to many affordable healthcare centers in the world. Because of this, several private hospitals have made their brand in the healthcare industry by offering quality treatment at affordable rates.
Top hospitals for Bilateral Hip Replacement Surgery in India
India has many orthopedic hospitals that offer the best treatment without breaking the bank. The following are the top hospitals you can choose for quality and affordable bilateral Hip replacement surgery in India.
- Indian Spinal Injuries Center, New Delhi
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Manipal Hospital (Old Airport Road) Bangalore
- New Age Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai
- Ruby General Hospital, Kolkata
- Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
Although many hospitals in India offer bilateral hip replacement surgery, if you are looking for the best and affordable hospital for you, contact Lyfboat. The online medical directory helps you find the best hospitals and surgeons along with the most affordable packages. You can also book live consultations on the website to get expert advice. To read more about our health blogs, visit us!